Every year it so happens that we make resolutions and all of them are broken over the first few months if not weeks. Every year I maintain a diary and write down almost everything in it, it kind of also becomes my notepad etc but its always fun when years later you read it again. For me the diary I wrote in school is so nostalgic and I believe when ill be old with grey hair and with no work to do ill sit and go through all these diaries and refresh my memory again. This year however I have decided to make an Organizer!!! I believe that even thought I plan to do many things I am not able to achieve all of them, I loose focus or I get involved a lot in one thing and completely ignore the other and that’s where the Organizer comes in picture. I searched a lot online and found these awesome printables from various sites. I figured that as I am a student many of the printables were not applicable for me so I just printed out those parts which I believe will be applicable for me and just downloaded that. ( You can do the same, I am going to put all the links below so just print out whatever you feel is perfect for you. Also I don’t own these printables they are the sole property of whoever made them, I am just sharing them. )
So let me just show you how I have done my Organizer.
So this is the Binder that I have used. You can use just about anything. I figured Filofax are also in great demand these days but I find them not that good for me. So I decided to just use a file or a Binder. You can use anything you feel fit for yourself. You can also just stick the papers on the wall if you find that convenient. It all depends on you really.
2. Colour Pens
I plan on making the organizer fun and colourful, so that it makes me want to come and write in it, so that it keeps me interested but I also don’t want it too messy with lots of colours in a way that the text gets lost in the colours and design. I wanted something where the text and my notes are instantly visible when I open my Organizer and that’s why I decided to use colourful pens to write in and use a simple template/background and so far it has worked great for me.
I just used a simple clear plastic pen pocket and punched it in the start of the file so all the things remain in one place and I don’t have to go search for it everytime I sit down to write. I also plan to put in some Sticky Notes and some Washi Tapes ( I am not able to find any in my locality in Mumbai, so if you know where I can find them please let me know in the comment box below. Thanks J )
3. A transparent File
I have attached this transparent File/ Paper Holder or whatever it is called at the start of the Organizer, ill use this as a to-do list or something. I will put in any document that I have to read or something that need to do etc, I can also use it to post the post it notes so that I don’t ruin the inside pages. And the day it is empty like it is now means there is no pending work. YAY!
4. At a Glance Yearly Calender
Needless to say why, it has to be there in an Organizer. This is useful when you just want to quickly checkout some dates or need to check out the days you are free or something. It just helps to have the entire calendar laid out in front of you.
5. Goals of the Year
I have often noticed that every new year we plan somethings for the next year, some of those things are possible to achieve while some are plain unrealistic and sometimes it so happens that the plans you have made for the next year are not relevant due to some changes that your life undergoes. So I use this chart to plan goals month vise. So I know exactly what I have to achieve in this month or the next month. It helps me stay more grounded and more realistic. The thing I love about this particular layout is that it has a lot of columns so you can have goals right from basic to something very important. It helps track your personal as well professional goals.
6. Weight loss Journal
For a long time now I am dying to loose some weight, and its just not happening. The problem is I absolutely loveee food and I am very lazy to actually workout and thus this is the result. So I am using this just to keep a track and maybe this will motivate me to focus on weight loss more.
7. Month at a Glance
As I told you earlier I have made this according to my needs, I don’t really think I have so much on my mind that I need to have a daily and a weekly calendar I am able to manage my time with the monthly calendar. So I am just using that. I put in important things that I need to do on a particular day and then just manage my day using my cell phone calendar. But incase you want weekly and daily calendar as well ill put the link down below
8. Blog Planner
I have this blog for like 5 years now and as you can see that I am not that active. Every year I plan to blog more, read more blogs etc but its not just happening. So this year I used this planner and I am actually that it is kind of helping me be on track. This is like what my 5th blog in January itself? I am happy and I hope this continues. There is this small space below to write down any blog ideas that you may have and a small inspiration box where you can write in whatever that will inspire you to blog more.
9. My daily details
This is something I made myself just to keep a track so there are different areas of my life that I want to work on and that’s what I have written in each tab which helps me keep a track on my daily activity.
- Exercise - As I mentioned above, I have an exercise issue if I may say. So this is not a surprise. This is just to track how much I have worked out (if any)
I use an android app which helps me keep a track of my workouts MyFitness Pal. You can download and see if it works for you.
- Water - I also drink very less amount of water than what I actually should. Hence, this tab just to keep me hydrated.
I again use Water My Body android app for this. ( I just think it’s so easy use apps as your phone is always with you and it’s just convenient )
- Walking - This will again come under Exercise but I prefer having a separate tag for it. Obviously I use an app for this as well - Run Keeper
- Expense – I am not earning now, so I don’t have like a lot of money to manage but whatever little I do have I thought it would be a good idea to start tracking the money that I spend. Because somehow it so happens that I don’t realize when I am spending money on useless things. Maybe this will help me realize where I genuinely need to spend and where I am just wasting it. Android App – Expense Manage
- Prayer – I am not very religious or a god fearing person, but I have noticed that when you pray your day is just more positive and confident and in this world where everything is so fast and you don’t have time for anything prayer obviously gets very little or no time (atleast for me) and thus this tag to keep some spirituality in me.
- Read 15pages a day – You cant see that tag here but I have just penned it down later. I have taken the GoodReads.com challenge of reading 50books in a year twice now and have failed both the time. So this year I thought that everyday ill at least read 15pages of a book. So I get a check mark everyday if I read 15pages. I find this nice, as it pushes me to read more even though I am tired.
Well that is all there is as of now, its my first Organizer so maybe I have missed something or have put in some things that wont make much of a difference but let time tell me that. Ill be adding and removing things according to how I feel my needs are or according to what is working or working for me. Lets hope ill be doing a successful Organizer post at the end of this year.
1. Binder, Pens and Paper File – Bought it at a local store, you can find it there or on flipkart or ebay.
2. Year at a glance – http://itsagingersnap.com/2013/11/2014-binder-printables/
3. Online Passwords - http://itsagingersnap.com/2013/11/2014-binder-printables/ (I haven’t added this above cause I had already written down the passwords so couldn’t upload it here, Sorry!)
4. Weigh loss chart - http://www.pinterest.com/pin/327988785332785853/
5. 2014 Calender - https://app.box.com/s/2mgg2v4d62ib7w8lyvx0
6. Blog Information sheet - http://www.blessingsoverflowing.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Blog-Information-Sheet.pdf
7. Monthly Blog Plans - http://www.awellcraftedparty.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/monthlyblogplanner.pdf