Fastag

My Orkut Love Story

With everyone posting stuff about how Orkut is important to them and fellow bloggers posting in their memories of the Social Networking site. I thought, “Hey! I have a story to tell as well” so here I go!
            I remember being overly hooked by the site. With school, Classes and Tuitions taking up most of the time me along with some friends used to frequent the local cyber cafés and eagerly check our new scraps, testimonials etc. Orkut made my initial years of the World Wide Web so much more interesting.
            Coming to the story, I met him via Orkut. Although I confused him with someone else the conversation kept happening. Scraps turned to Gtalk and then Yahoo messenger. There were days when we spoke till 4am and still there was so much that we didn’t share that the conversation continued the next day. It was funny how someone I hadn’t even met then had become so close, guess conversation covers up the distance. Words and feeling can bring people together especially when you share every small thing that you do, however over the years that changed.
            I still remember the first time we met 6 months later. Awkward but glad that we could see each other in the real world and not virtual. The next day he proposed me and it was all wonderful with little ups and down for the next 6years.

            To be honest I used to secretly enjoy the reactions I used to get whenever I told someone we met via Orkut. We always used to feel that we are lucky to find each other. Just a little too perfect everything was as time passed of course things changed and the perfect everything changed to not-so-perfect everything. Words like destiny, lucky, made for each other lost its value over the years and now we are no more together. Now when I think about it, it is perfect! It kind of is weird actually that it ended when Orkut announced that it’s closing. I see a perfect circle completing. Destiny is all I can say…

Comments

  1. I had a horrible experience.. met someone - 4 years later She met someone else on the same place :) end of story and me off orkut he he he


    Bikram

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm well same story here 4 years of bliss and then she suddenly realised she wanted to be another Orkut friend:) so good orkut it closing ... full circle indeed

    Bikram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I came to take a look.
    I'm definitely loving the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
    Exceptional blog and wonderful style and design.
    My web-site ... star plus

    ReplyDelete
  4. We seem to be living in a virtual world. Easier to post a 'like' than to smile at a friend sitting across the table.
    You got me emotional.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment