Bamboo Tree Spaa, Khar - Review

After a super hectic month at work I really needed to relax and pamper myself and what better way to do that than treat myself with a spa treatment. Luckily, around the same time Playtag Media Service Pvt. LTD & Paprika Lab approached me for a Spa review. I knew this was exactly what I needed, I decided to go to Bamboo Tree Spaa in Khar. The name caught my attention along with their unique spa treatments, their signature bamboo tree spa was what I wanted to try.



Bamboo Massage is a 2000 years old treatment practiced in Egypt. It is an innovative style of massage therapy and bodywork that works on five elements of the body i.e. fire, earth, wood, water and metal.

The unique properties of bamboo are passed to the body to create healing, restoration and balance. It enhances blood circulation and aids in deep tissue healing, spasms, trigger points as well as the elimination of toxins. The Bamboo massage is an intense pressure massage, hence preferred by the female clients.




Upon reaching the Spaa,  they welcomed me with a delicious green tea. The massage room was calming, clean and had an immediate relaxing effect on me. They also have a shower and steam room to relax in post the massage. They also provided me with disposable innerwear and a bathrobe to change into. The masseuse was friendly thus making me feel comfortable in a second. The massage was very relaxing and I couldn’t help but wish that it just never got over. She registered my tension points and worked in a way that relaxed me. The aromatic oils were doing their work as well. After the initial massage she started with the actual bamboo and the effect was like no other. The warm bamboo really has a therapeutic effect on you.



After the relaxing one hour twenty minutes massage, I stepped into the hot shower.

I also tried their Dr. Fish Therapy and Reflexology.

Although I was skeptical about the hygiene quotient of the Dr. Fish Therapy, the co-owner assured me that the tank is cleaned at regular intervals with special UV filters that keeps it germ free and clean. The fact that each client’s have their feet cleaned before dipping them in the tank helped calm my apprehensions. My feet were cleaned and I was all set to enter the tank. I won’t lie, I was a little scared at first. The moment I dipped my feet the fishes surrounded and started nibbling. It was a fun, ticking feeling.

You can’t really see a visible difference after the therapy, like the way you do after a pedicure but rest assured the garrarufa fishies are doing their job and your feet are clean and more hygienic and free of dead skin.

I also opted for 20 minutes of feet Reflexology to pamper my tired feet. That was amazing to say the least. The masseuse knew the exact pressure points and I was in feet heaven immediately.

I also happen to speak to the owner who was nice enough to provide a quick tour of the spaa, have a look - 



While we are on the topic, let me share about India Spa Week 2016, an initiative by Paprika Idea Labs and Playtag Media Services Pvt. Ltd.

India Spa Week 2016 is a celebration of 10 days of relaxation. It is an opportunity for the busy and stressed city dwellers to indulge at each city's finest spas. This allows participating spas to showcase their services representative of their philosophy and customers get to experience new spa treatments.
15 Spas will come together to help people relax in five metropolitan cities of India – Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Kolkata from 26th Feb to 6th Mar 2016.

To know more visit - http://www.indiaspaweek2016.com/

How to reach there - 




Comments

Post a Comment