Fastag

Pure Nutrition – A quick Q&A with Luke Coutinho




Nutrition and health has become a big part of everyone's life. Ever since I started working and actually having a desk job I realised how much more I have to invest in my health now that I don't have an active lifestyle. I have been focusing a lot on what I eat, my workouts ( at which I am failing but I try ) and basically overall making sure that I stay fit.  
I came across pure nutrition a couple of days back and really liked the whole concept.  I even got a chance to get a few questions answered by Luke Coutinho, Integrative And Lifestyle Medicine, Holistic Nutrition, Exercise Physiologist And Founder - Pure Nutrition.  
This conversation really helped me and thus I thought of sharing the same with you, so here goes: 


How does organic tea and other pure nutrition products help?  
A well-made tea blend can hold a lot of nutrition in a single cup and every blend using the finest tea leaves and spices target immunity, sleep, detoxification and other ailments. Pure nutrition formulations work at a cellular level, looking at gut health, immunity, better hair and skin, hormonal balance for weight loss, metabolic syndromes and several other issues ranging from cardiovascular issues, high blood pressure, diabetes to cancer and fat loss. 

Where can we buy the products? Do we need to consult a doctor before consuming any of the products?  
They are available online at www.purenutrition.me and across leading retail and chemists  ranging from Food hall to Noble chemists. They will be available onamazon.comand across the world in a few weeks from now, although shipping to countries worldwide has already started on order basis. Pure Nutrition encourages and strongly recommends that a buyer speaks to our team of doctors first so that they can be diagnosed and then assisted in choosing a formulation that suits the buyer’s lifestyle, body and ailment. 

We have heard about this new Super Food trend, what are super foods exactly and how do they help? 
Superfoods are foods that are nutrient dense and you need small quantities to produce multiple good effects in the body. For example 1 tbsp. of pumpkin seeds or chia seeds are brimming with nutrition, 3 grams of moringa has more vitamins and minerals than most fruits and veggies; each country has their own superfoods and because of the internet we can now be aware of nature’s gifts in each of these countries, from raw cacao nibs and pumpkin seeds to goji berry, green coffee bean, grape seed extract, amaranth, quinoa, black rice; there are innumerable superfoods that can enhance ones health and look for superfoods that originate in your country and only then they will suit you best. 

I see you have both extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil on your site. Indians have been using coconut oil for centuries. What is the exact difference between olive oil and coconut oil? Is it necessary to include both in our lifestyle? 
When Indians started moving away from pure coconut oil to refined oils, sickness crept in and eventually serious disease. Un-refined coconut oil is a medium chain fatty acid oil with innumerable heart benefits. It is the only food besides breast milk that contains the immune boosting lauric acid, from being one of the best oils to cook foods that need to be cooked at high temperature, to usage on the skin, hair, I use virgin coconut oil to treat thyroid issues along with lifestyle and get people off their thyroid medication completely and permanently. I advise everyone to have some amount of coconut oil in their diet and life. Virgin coconut oil can also help in the burning of belly fat due to its thermogenic and MCT properties. Extra virgin olive oil is a mono unsaturated fat which is excellent for heart health too. It’s just that Indians should never use this oil for cooking as it has a low smoking point and will actually become toxic to the user. But when added to raw in foods and salads or lightly sautéed, it is excellent for heart health. I also use proportions of this to treat tumours. It’s also great for the skin and helps in reducing inflammation. 

How do you manage to do so much together? Writing books, being the master coach at GoQii, launching Pure nutrition etc. 
I love what I do and I try my best to use my time wisely. I write when I'm on flights, I have fantastic teams that are constantly trained so they can be self-sufficient and independent. I have a great team of doctors, scientists, nutritionists and back end roles that are passionate about what we do, so it works along with the usual ups and downs, I guess I just take it as it comes in the most positive way possible. The beauty of all this is everything I do is connected to each other; from cancer to weight loss, to lifestyle and education, everything I do connects and falls in place. 

What is a day in your life like?  
I try to wake up by 6 am when in India and not travelling. I have a yoga practice followed by pranayama and meditation. Breakfast with my family, spend some time with my daughter before she leaves for school and then its calls with patients, hospital visits, meeting with my teams, nutritionists, doctors, I keep 20-30 minutes aside for my workouts in the evening which revolve around pilates, body weight exercises, I try to get 2 games of soccer with the boys in a week for my cardio and as a hobby. Dinner is usually by 7 and then its family time, Skype calls with the US as they wake up. That is a usual day when I'm not travelling. 30 minutes of meditation before bed, story time for my daughter and then lights out. 

What was the idea behind pure nutrition?  

With the harshness of conventional treatment like chemo, radiation and cancer drugs, that deplete the body of key vitamins and minerals that are needed to boost immunity, for several months I tried using food to bridge this gap in the case of cancer patients, but the deteriorating quality of soil and nutrition in plants could not fill that gap along with the digestive system and gut of the patient that was weakened and almost completely destroyed with the conventional treatments, so absorption of nutrients from natural foods became an issue for a patient, I began to study and formulate with a team of experts pure plan extracts free of pesticides and high quality ingredients from nature, that could be easily absorbed into the cells and target not one but several ailments at the same time. You see a drug targets one ailment or disease but a vitamin and mineral can target multiple ailments and issues and fix many problems together. So using nature’s gifts and smart formulations to ensure bioavailability and absorption into the cells of the human body, PURE Nutrition was born as from then on it’s been a fantastic journey. Seeing patients recover, go into remission, come out stronger post treatments and surgeries, lose weight naturally and easily, inculcating lifestyle changes and plant formulations into their lives and seeing how they could and would eventually get off drugs and meds with side effects, its been amazing and reassuring that nature along with respecting and knowing that the human body is designed to heal is true and real. Pure nutrition is very clear that just a formulation or supplement won't work. You are wasting your money if you just buy and use them. It works best when you make simple changes in your lifestyle like balanced nutrition, adequate exercise, quality sleep and emotional detoxification, then the two work powerfully together and you have healing and great health, body and mind. Pure nutrition has made these formulations and other superfoods available to the world, backed by a team of highly trained doctors who assist the buyer in selecting what really is the right formulation for their body through a detailed diagnosis. 

You can check out Pure Nutrition here: www.purenutrition.me 
In case you need to get in touch with Luke then you can get in touch with him on Twitter: @LukeCoutinho17 




Comments

  1. Completely agree about the point where he says each country has its superfoods and also about coconuts. I am from a coastal region. We do nothing without coconut :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tasty post and very useful information to share. Using natural oil is good for a strong lifelike Chekku Ennai in Chennai and also for tasty and aroma recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment