Smart is the way forward









Back in the day, every one was in a race to be the most successful. Now, everyone wishes to get smarter each passing day. Governments are planning smart cities, we as a human race, is trying to reach out to other smarter species in the universe, engineers are making smarter computers. I, for a change, am trying to make my home smart – and I am pretty successful at that now.

The smart watch, fitness band, smart speaker, smart security cameras that I use in my daily life, has not only managed to make me even more productive but has also helped ease my life. I remember, as a child, my mother used to take care of all my requirements to get me out of the house on time for school, I can pretty much say that the smart devices in my house are now making me get out of the house on time for work.

The alarm on my smart phone is the reason I manage to wake up on time in the morning. For the workout, depending on my mood, I would go to the gym or workout at home. My Google Home plays a workout video on my TV or if I am in a mood to dance, will play my bollywood workout playlist. I have to admit, the sound quality is also one of the reasons I can keep up with the workout – you feel like dancing even more when the sound quality is nice, right?

Mind you, my Fitbit is tracking all of this activity; it kind of feels good that you have already completed 2k out of your daily 10k steps goal.

I like listening to old bollywood songs while getting ready in the morning, so of course the Google assistant is playing all the Raj Kapoor, Shammi Kapoor and Kishore Kumar songs while I am getting ready. I also like that my Saavn app also shows all my favourites right on the home screen so I don’t have to waste time looking up the songs I like. I have also started enjoying podcasts, kind of like a food for thought without hindering your daily routine, so at times I skip the songs and listen to a podcast.

While I am getting ready to leave the house, my Google Assistant again comes into pictures and updates me about the traffic on my way to work, which route I should take and reminds me of my meetings and to-do list for the day.

I use Dropbox and Google Notes for most of my work. I am a journalist, writing down things and making notes is a huge part of my job. I like the easy that Dropbox and Google Note offers, they sync in the background and this way I can easily work on the same file from work, home and my phone. 

My dropbox is also synced with my camera, so if I take a picture on my phone it is automatically saved on my home PC, I don’t even have to transfer pictures anymore! The ease and comfort that these smart apps provide is unmatched and I always have all the required documents with me.

My phone reminds me to stay hydrated, my fitness band reminds me to stay active and the fitbit app on my phone counts the calories I eat so I have started opting for healthier food items. And when I have some time to spare and want to do something productive, I whip out the book from my bag and catch up on some reading, and for when I don’t have a book, my kindle is always by my side.

You can see how the smart technology is helping me stay on top of everything, right?

As I reach back home, my technology updates me on how well I have done and what needs to be done tomorrow. Constantly motivating me to outshine myself.

I generally spend some time with my technology, updating it. I take into account meetings for the next day, things to do etc. just a nice way of having everything in one place.

With the world moving at a break neck speed, you need to keep up with it in order to succeed. With smart products by your side, the task becomes easy and something that you can totally manage, because, it feels like you have an army of assistants even when you are a one man army.

The #SmartHomeRevolution is honestly what keeps the world running so well.

You can buy your smart devices from Flipkart, most of my things are from there as well. Flipkart has a wide range of Smart Products from  Smart Wearable, Smart Home, Smart Camera and Smart lights, so do #GetFitWithFlipkart


Comments

  1. Smart is indeed the way forward in this contemporary era of technology, very nice post with all the latest gadgets visible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter how smart we think we are, we are not quite smart enough but want to be smarter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment